Friday, September 18, 2015

I Hate the Concept, But I Can't Help Loving Them

I hate the concept of celebrity. The idea that someone deserves to be held up on a pedestal seems to turn them into some sort of God. That being said, there are a few celebrities who I still love despite my best judgement. Also, some of these people are youtubers. I have no idea if they count as celebrities. Yes, I know I sound like a ridiculous teenager girl.

1. Kerry Washington: I can't help it; I'm sorry. I'm obsessed with Scandal and all the political activism work that she does for the Arts is too much for me. Also, she's the first African American female lead on network TV in something like 30 years.

2. Mariska Hargitay: Not only does she play a kickass detective on SVU, she makes it a point to stand up against sexual violence in the real world as well. She started the Joyful Heart Foundation which provides resources to victims of sexual assault.

3. John Green: Okay, i know that his books aren't the best works of literature out there, however, his videos are not only hilarious, but I would not have made it through AP US History without his help.

4. Shonda Rhimes: The Queen of groundbreaking television.

5. Laci Green: A sex-ed activist on the Internet, Laci has been one of my favorite Youtubers for many years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment