Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog Elul: Intend

I of all people know that those with the best intentions can end up with consequences they didn't expect. We always mean to help the people we care about, but sometimes, we can overstep our boundaries in doing so. We may think that we are superheroes, and even so, superheroes make mistakes. Nobody has to be strong all of the time. Of course, none of us intend for bad things to happen to us or others.

But all we can control is ourselves. People have come and go in my life, and I know that it's just a part of growing up. I intended to keep the friends that I had in middle school with me for my whole life, but betrayal and drama stepped in and I started over, much as we are commanded to do this Rosh Hashanah. There is always room for more good intentions and more good people in one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment