Saturday, April 9, 2016

#BlogExodus:Start

This week was the start of something. Not of a semester or of any new activity, and maybe this started ages ago and I just wasn't paying attention, but I have started being exactly who I want to be. Let me explain: This week, I spent a large part of Saturday, Sunday and Monday worrying about how I was going to logistically make tomorrow's Torah service happen. Happens that that issue was resolved by a quick conversation with our Jewish Chaplain, who I am thankful for. On Wednesday, I helped to roll one Torah. On Thursday, I helped to roll two.  Rolling Sifrei Torah is a skill that I have pretended to have for months now, however, I only actually learned how to do it this week. Thursday night, I sat with a few friends and our Hillel Associate Director and talked about life with like-minded people. And at some point this morning when I was cleaning my room for Shabbat,  I realized that everything that I am currently doing is somehow helping me to be the person I want to be. I'm never going to be completely free of my anxiety, but I am no longer a slave to it. I'm planning to write more about that as we get closer to passover. And I realized that college is the start of the rest of my life. And there's a certain freedom to that.


If you're confused by the title of this blogpost or want to join in on Blog Exodus, you should go read about the project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment