Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Years Resolutions 2018

I know it's been a long time since I updated this blog, and for that, I sincerely apologize, but the good news is, in the coming year, I will be publishing much much more, especially because I will be attempting to publish every week while I am in Israel this coming semester. These blog posts will be about anything I have found interesting in the week or really anything else, and I hope you will continue to read.

Now, onto my New Years Resolutions. I have a hard time with New Years Resolutions. I often feel like they are empty promises to myself that I never end up keeping, so this year, I'm going to make them public with the hope that being accountable to other people will help me to achieve my goals.

1. Drink 2 Bottles of Water a Day
I've been harking on and on about drinking water without doing it myself, so I figured, I might as well make a change. Water can help with headaches, muscle pain, and pretty much any physical ailment that you can think of, so why wouldn't I try to drink more of it. I'm also tracking this on habitica.com with the hope that it will make me more effective.

2. Write Something Every Day.
I've written about journaling before, and I just want to reiterate how much better it makes me feel. It's like having a friend to come home to at the end of the day, but that friend is always there and never judgmental.

3. Read 12 Books in 2018
I read maybe 2 books in 2017 that weren't for school, and I want to change that because I used to be someone who read a book a week. Now, I don't think I'm going to be able to read that much, but I am making my goal one book a month.

4. Practice Gratitude Every Day
There's been studies done that show that writing down three things that you're grateful for every day can make you happier. I'm trying that in 2018.

5. Cut Down on Using the Social Internet
Scrolling through social media makes me happy for about the first fifteen minutes that I'm doing it, but after that, it just makes me anxious and encourages me to compare myself to others, something that is definitely unhealthy, so I'm trying to cut back on that in 2018. We'll see how it goes.

What are your resolutions? Drop me a comment and let me know! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment